- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 624
- Fat Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 4.2g
Brioche French toast with bacon, banana & maple syrup
- egg - 4 eggs
- single-cream - 200ml single cream
- vanilla-seed-paste - 1/2 tsp vanilla seed paste
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- brioche - 4 thick, generous slices or 8 thin slices of day-old brioche
- butter - 25g butter, for frying
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- bacon - 12 rashers bacon
- banana - 2 bananas, sliced
- maple-syrup - maple syrup, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs vigorously, then add the single cream, vanilla and sugar, and whisk again.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the oven to its lowest setting, pop a baking tray inside and pour the cream mixture into a shallow dish or tub that will allow space for the brioche to lay flat. Heat a griddle or a frying pan to a medium heat, and melt the butter and the oil together.
- Place the brioche slices in the cream mixture for 1 min, then turn each slice and gently press all over, allowing them to soak up the liquid for another 1 min or so until fully soaked.
- Remove the brioche from the mixture and place onto the hot griddle or pan (you may need to do this in batches). Cook for a few mins on either side until the inside is tender and moist (but not wet). To check this, make a small cut in the middle with a knife - the inside should be like cooked bread pudding. Keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining slices.
- In the meantime, fry the bacon in a pan for 5 mins until crispy. Serve the French toast topped with bacon, bananas and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has egg, single cream, vanilla seed paste, golden caster sugar, brioche, butter, vegetable oil, bacon, banana and maple syrup.Add to Favourites