- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 354
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 2.2g
Broad bean & feta cheese toasts
- broad-bean - 350g broad bean, fresh or frozen
- feta-cheese - 100g feta cheese (or vegetarian alternative), drained
- mint - 2 tbsp chopped or shredded mint leaves
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salad-leaf - 50g bag mixed salad leaf
- cherry-tomato - 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- lemon-juice - 1 tsp lemon juice
- baguette - 4 thin slices baguettes (white or brown)
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the beans, return to the boil and cook for 4 mins. Drain in a colander under running water until cold. Press each bean out of its skin into a bowl.
- Crumble over the feta and scatter over the mint leaves. Season with a good grind of black pepper and drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Toss together.
- Toss the salad leaves and tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Divide between 2 plates. Toast the bread under the grill or in a toaster until golden and crisp on both sides. To serve, spoon the bean and cheese mixture onto the warm toasts and place alongside the salad.
Mediterranean recipe for 2 people, takes only 4 mins; recipe has broad bean, feta cheese, mint, extra-virgin olive oil, salad leaf, cherry tomato, lemon juice and baguette.