- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 464
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 2.28g
Broccoli soup with cheese toasties
- potato - 1 large potato, diced
- vegetable-stock - 1.2l chicken or vegetable stock
- broccoli - 400g broccoli, chopped into florets
- bread - 7 slices bread
- cheese - 175g cheese, grated - cheddar, red leicester or any blue cheese
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, chopped
- worcestershire-sauce - few drops Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potato and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for 10 mins until the potato is tender, then add the broccoli and some seasoning and cook for another 4-5 mins. Blend the soup until smooth, then return to the pan and keep warm while you make the toasties.
- Whizz 1 slice of bread to make crumbs, then stir in the cheese, egg and onions. Spread over 3 slices of bread, add a dash of Worcestershire sauce, and sandwich each one together with the remaining slices. Brush with oil and bake for 10 mins, turning halfway through, until the outside is crisp and golden and middle melted. Cut into triangles and serve with the soup.
Leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has potato, vegetable stock, broccoli, bread, cheese, egg, spring onion and worcestershire sauce.