- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 351
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.73g
Brown rice stir-fry with coriander omelette
- basmati-rice - 200g brown basmati rice
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ginger - thumb-size piece ginger, grated
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- spring-onion - 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced lengthways
- shiitake-mushroom - 150g pack shiitake mushroom, sliced
- carrot - 2 carrots, finely sliced into sticks
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- egg - 3 eggs, beaten with a splash of skimmed milk
- coriander - small handful chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- soy-sauce - 2 tsp soy sauce
- sesame-oil - 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- chilli - 2 tbsp chilli jam
- sesame-seed - 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 1 min. Tip in the veg and stir-fry over high heat for 3-4 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs with the coriander and seasoning. Heat a small non-stick frying pan with the remaining oil. Add the egg, stir once, then allow to cook over a gentle heat until almost set. Flip (using a plate if necessary) and cook on the other side until cooked through. Tip onto a board and cut into strips.
- Add the drained cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and chilli jam to the veg, mixing to heat through. Divide into bowls and top with the omelette strips, a few coriander leaves and sesame seeds.
Immune-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has basmati rice, rapeseed oil, ginger, garlic clove, spring onion, shiitake mushroom, carrot, red pepper, egg, coriander, soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli and sesame seed.