- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 465
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Sugar Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Bulgur & spinach fritters with eggs & tomato chutney
- bulgur-wheat - 100g bulgur wheat
- spinach - 250g spinach
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped (reserve 2 tbsp for the chutney)
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- breadcrumb - 85g fresh breadcrumb
- egg - 5 eggs, 1 beaten
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra
- sugar - 5 tbsp sugar
- white-wine-vinegar - 50ml white wine vinegar
- onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped onion (see above)
- cherry-tomato - 250g cherry tomato, halved or quartered
- salad-leaf - salad leaves, to serve
- First make the chutney. In a small saucepan, heat the sugar, vinegar and some salt. Boil for 1 min, then add the onion and tomatoes. Simmer for 1 min, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Boil the bulgur wheat in plenty of water until tender - about 5 mins. Drain well and tip into a bowl. Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water from the kettle to wilt. Cool under the cold tap, then squeeze out as much water as you can. Chop and add to the bulgur with the cumin, onion, garlic and breadcrumbs. Tip half into a food processor and blitz until it forms a chunky paste. Return to the remaining half with the beaten egg and some seasoning. Mix together, then shape into 8 patties and chill until ready to cook.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a wide frying pan, preferably non-stick, and fry the fritters in two batches until crisp on both sides. Meanwhile, lightly oil a 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tin and put in the oven to warm up for a few mins. Remove and carefully crack the remaining eggs into the holes, then bake for 3-4 mins until done to your liking. Use the tip of a knife to help lift out the eggs, then serve with the fritters, chutney and some salad leaves.
Hangover recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has bulgur wheat, spinach, ground cumin, onion, garlic clove, breadcrumb, egg, vegetable oil, sugar, white wine vinegar, onion, cherry tomato and salad leaf.