- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 453
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 75g
- Sugar Content: 63g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- self-raising-flour - 185g self-raising flour
- golden-caster-sugar - 120g golden caster sugar
- butter - 120g butter, softened
- natural-yogurt - 100g pot natural yogurt
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested
- egg - 2 eggs
- fondant-icing - 250g pack fondant icing
- butter - 85g unsalted butter, softened
- vanilla-extract - few drops vanilla extract
- icing-sugar - 200g icing sugar
- food-colouring - few drops green food colouring
- Heat oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5 and line a 12-hole bun tin with paper cases. Put the flour, sugar, butter, yogurt, lemon zest and eggs in a bowl and mix with electric beaters until smooth. Spoon a large tablespoon of the mixture into each of the cases, making them as even as possible. Bake for 20-25 mins until the cakes are risen and golden, and a skewer poked into the centre of one comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat the butter, vanilla extract and icing sugar until the mixture is pale and creamy, and completely combined. Add a few drops of green colouring and beat it in. If piping, scoop the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle, then pipe stars of green icing all over the tops of the cakes like tufts of grass. If not piping, spread the icing over the cakes and run a fork across to make it resemble grass.
- Roll the fondant icing into small balls no bigger than a walnut (these are the bunnies' bottoms). Roll smaller balls to make tails and stick them on top of the bigger balls. Put one rabbit on each cake. Now make the feet by rolling two more small balls for each bunny and shape them into ovals. Rest these at one end of the ball so they look like feet.
Cupcake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, golden caster sugar, butter, natural yogurt, lemon, egg, fondant icing, butter, vanilla extract, icing sugar and food colouring.