- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 378
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Butter bean, mushroom & bacon pot pies
- rapeseed-oil - 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- red-onion - 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- mushroom - 500g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- bacon - 70g smoked streaky bacon, sliced into thin strips
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- vegetable-stock - 500ml low-salt vegetable stock
- kale - 250g kale, roughly sliced
- mustard - 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp reduced-fat creme fraiche
- tarragon - 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- butter-beans - 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a saucepan or large flameproofcasserole dish. Fry the onions for 10 mins until soft, then add the mushrooms and bacon and fry for another 5 mins until golden. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 mins more. Gradually pour in the stock, then bring to the boil and bubble for 2 mins. Add the kale and cook for another 5 mins, then stir in the mustard, creme fraiche, half the tarragon and the lemon juice. Spoon the mushroom mixture into four small baking dishes.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the butter beans in afood processorwith the remaining oil and tarragon and the lemon zest. Blitz until chunky, adding 2-3 tbsp water to loosen if needed.
- Spoon the butter bean mixture over the filling, smoothing with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Leave to cool slightly, then serve.
Healthy winter recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, red onion, mushroom, bacon, plain flour, vegetable stock, kale, mustard, crème fraîche, tarragon, lemon and butter beans.