- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 428
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 62g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 0.93g
Butter bean & squash crumble
- butter-bean - 350g dried butter bean, soaked overnight in cold water
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, chopped
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- chilli - 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- passata - 700g jar passata
- bouquet-garni - 1 bouquet garni
- white-wine - 425ml white wine
- stock - 425ml vegetable stock
- squash - 700g squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- breadcrumb - 50g breadcrumb
- walnut - 25g walnut, finely chopped
- rosemary - 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- parsley - 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- Rinse the beans and put in a large pan with plenty of water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook, partly covered, for about 1 hr until tender. Drain well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan, add the onions, fry for 10 mins until lightly browned. Add the garlic, chilli, passata, bouquet garni, wine, stock, salt and pepper; bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins, then add the squash and cook for a further 20 mins. Taste and add more seasoning, if necessary.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Stir the beans into the sauce, then transfer to a 2.5-litre gratin dish or two smaller ones. Mix together all the crumble ingredients, plus the remaining 2 tbsp oil, then sprinkle over the beans. Bake for 30 mins until the topping is golden and crisp.
Crumble recipe for 6 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter bean, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, chilli, passata, bouquet garni, white wine, stock, squash, breadcrumb, walnut, rosemary and parsley.