- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 310
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Butternut & cinnamon oats
- porridge-oats - 120g porridge oats
- raisins - 80g raisins
- ground-cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus a sprinkling to serve
- butternut-squash - large chunk butternut squash, peeled and coarsely grated (approx 320g grated weight)
- bio-yogurt - 2 x 150ml pots bio yogurt
- walnuts - 25g walnuts roughly broken
- milk - milk, to serve (optional)
- Tip the oats, raisins and cinnamon into a large bowl and pour over 1 litre cold water. Cover the bowl and leave to soak overnight.
- The next morning, tip the contents into a large saucepan and stir in the grated squash. Cook for about 8-10 mins over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until the oats are cooked and the squash is soft. Add a little more water if it's too thick.
- Put half of the mixture in the fridge for the next day. Spoon the remainder into bowls, top each portion with 1 pot yogurt and half the nuts. Dust with cinnamon, then serve with a splash of milk.
Healthy breakfast recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has porridge oats, raisins, ground cinnamon, butternut squash, bio yogurt, walnuts and milk.Add to Favourites