- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 313
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.47g
Butternut squash casserole
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, sliced
- garlic - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- cumin-seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- paprika - 1 tbsp paprika
- sweet-potato - 225g sweet potato, cubed
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash (about 550g/1lb 4oz), peeled and chopped
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- red-wine - 200ml red wine
- vegetable-stock - 300ml vegetable stock
- bulgur-wheat - 75g bulgur wheat
- greek-yogurt - 4 spoonfuls Greek yogurt
- cheddar - a little grated vegetarian cheddar cheese
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil, then cook onion and garlic for 5-7 mins until the onion is softened. Add the cumin seeds and paprika, then cook for a further 2 mins. Stir in the sweet potato, red pepper and butternut squash and toss with the onion and spices for 2 mins.
- Pour in the tomatoes, red wine and vegetable stock, season, then simmer gently for 15 mins. Stir in the bulgur wheat, cover with a lid, then simmer for 15 mins more until the vegetables are tender, the bulgur wheat is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve in bowls topped with a spoonful of Greek-style yogurt and some grated vegetarian cheddar.
Vegetarian casserole recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin seed, paprika, sweet potato, red pepper, butternut squash, chopped tomato, red wine, vegetable stock, bulgur wheat, greek yogurt and cheddar.