- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 264
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.61g
Butternut squash soup with chilli & crème fraîche
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash, about 1kg, peeled and deseeded
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- butter - 1 tbsp butter
- onion - 2 onions, diced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- red-chilli - 2 mild red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- vegetable-stock - 850ml hot vegetable stock
- creme-fraiche - 4 tbsp creme fraiche, plus more to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut1 peeled and deseeded butternut squash into large cubes, about 4cm/1 1/2 in across, then toss in alarge roasting tinwith 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Roast for 30 mins, turning once during cooking, until golden and soft.
- While the butternut squash cooks, melt 1 tbsp butter with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in alarge saucepan, then add 2 diced onions, 1 thinly sliced garlic clove and 3/4 of the 2 deseeded and finely chopped red chillies.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15-20 mins until the onions are completely soft.
- Tip the butternut squash into the pan, add 850ml hot vegetable stock and 4 tbsp creme fraiche, then whizz with astick blenderuntil smooth. For a really silky soup, put the soup into aliquidiserand blitz it in batches.
- Return to the pan, gently reheat, then season to taste.
- Serve the soup in bowls with swirls of creme fraiche and a scattering of the remaining chopped chilli.
Eat like an athlete recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has butternut squash, olive oil, butter, onion, garlic clove, red chilli, vegetable stock and crème fraîche.Add to Favourites