- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 395
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Caramel passion fruit slice
- plain-flour - 150g plain flour
- desiccated-coconut - 100g desiccated coconut
- cold-butter - 170g cold butter, cubed, plus a little for the tin
- golden-caster-sugar - 75g golden caster sugar
- butter - 90g butter
- condensed-milk - 397g can of condensed milk
- golden-syrup - 2 tbsp golden syrup
- dark-brown-sugar - 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- passion-fruit - 3 passion fruits, pulp only
- dark-chocolate - 200g dark chocolate
- coconut-shavings - 30g coconut shavings, toasted
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and butter a 23 x 23cm brownie tin. First, make the shortbread by stirring the flour and coconut together in a bowl, then rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir through the sugar, then bring the dough together with your hands. Pat into the tin, pricking the top all over with a fork. Bake for 15-18 mins until lightly golden and crisp.
- For the caramel, put the butter, condensed milk, sugar and syrup in a pan with a large pinch of salt. Heat gently until simmering, then whisk for 6 mins until thick and fudgy. Take off the heat and stir in the passion fruit pulp. Pour over the shortbread, smooth over with a palette knife and leave to set.
- Once set, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second bursts until glossy and smooth. Smooth over the caramel shortbread, then scatter over the coconut shavings. Leave to set, then cut into 16 squares.Will keep for five days in an airtight container.
Traybake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has plain flour, desiccated coconut, cold butter, golden caster sugar, butter, condensed milk, golden syrup, dark brown sugar, passion fruit, dark chocolate and coconut shavings.