- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 284
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Cauliflower & apple soup
- butter - 50g butter
- onion - 4 onions, thinly sliced
- cauliflower - 1 1/2 kg cauliflower (about 2 large cauliflowers), broken up into very small florets
- apple - 8 eating apples - 6 cored, peeled and chopped, 2 unpeeled and cut into matchsticks
- vegetable-stock - 2 vegetable stock cubes, or gluten-free alternative, crumbled
- milk - 1 1/2 l milk
- single-cream - 8 tbsp single cream
- olive-oil - olive oil, for drizzling
- thyme-sprig - a few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onions and fry gently until softened. Add the cauliflower and diced apple and fry for 5 more mins. Add the stock cubes and milk and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 mins, or until the cauliflower and apples are tender.
- Use a hand blender or liquidiser to puree the soup until smooth and season (the soup can now be chilled for up to 48 hours or frozen, just reheat to serve). Divide into bowls and swirl 1 tbsp cream in each along with a drizzle of oil. Top with the apple matchsticks and thyme.
7-a-day recipe for 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has butter, onion, cauliflower, apple, vegetable stock, milk, single cream, olive oil and thyme sprig.