- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 adults, or 4 adults and 4 kids
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 188
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.82g
Cauliflower cheese soup
- butter - knob of butter
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- cauliflower - 1 large cauliflower (about 900g/2lb), leaves trimmed and cut into florets
- potato - 1 potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- vegetable-stock - 700ml vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- milk - 400ml milk
- mature-cheddar - 100g mature cheddar, diced
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Tip in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins, stirring often. Add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the cauliflower is soft and the potato almost collapsing.
- Whizz in a food processor or crush with a potato masher until you get a creamy, thick soup. Top up with more milk to thin a little if serving in mugs. You can make ahead up to 2 days in advance, cool, cover and leave in the fridge until needed, or freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, warm through, ladle into mugs or bowls, top with the cheese pieces, then stir through before eating.
Healthy soup recipe for 6 adults, or 4 adults and 4 kids people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, onion, cauliflower, potato, vegetable stock, milk and mature cheddar.