- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 250
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.62g
- Bring a largesaucepanof water to the boil, then add 1 large cauliflower, broken into pieces, and cook for 5 mins - lift out a piece to test, it should be cooked.
- Drainthe cauliflower, then tip into an ovenproof dish. Heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 7.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat and add 500ml milk, 4 tbsp flour and 50g butter.
- Keepwhiskingfast as the butter melts and the mixture comes to the boil - the flour will disappear and the sauce will begin to thicken. Whisk for 2 mins while the sauce bubbles and becomes nice and thick.
- Turn off the heat, stir in most of the 100g grated cheddar cheese and pour over the cauliflower. Scatter over the remaining cheese, and 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs if using.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 mins until bubbling.
Roasts recipe for 6 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has cauliflower, milk, flour, butter, cheddar and breadcrumb.