- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 534
- Fat Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 0.95g
Cauliflower, egg & potato curry
- vegetable-oil - 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- red-chilli - 1 plump red chilli, seeds removed if you want, finely chopped
- root-ginger - thumb-sized piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- potato - 2 large waxy potatoes (such as Desiree), peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- curry-paste - 2 tbsp curry paste (Patak's Cumin & chilli is good)
- cauliflower - 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets
- coconut-milk - 400ml can coconut milk
- egg - 6 hard-boiled eggs, halved lengthways
- flaked-almond - 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds (optional)
- coriander - large handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Heat a large, deep non-stick frying pan, wok or shallow saucepan over a low heat. Add the oil, stir in the onion and fry over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to turn golden.
- Stir the chilli, garlic and ginger into the onion mixture and fry for 2 minutes. Raise the heat a little, add the potatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the outsides are just softening. Stir in the curry paste, cook for 1 minute, then toss in the cauliflower and stirfry for a further 1 minute to coat.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir thoroughly. Add some salt, raise the heat and bring to the boil, stirring frequently, then half cover the pan and reduce to a slow simmer. Cook the curry for 20-25 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the vegetables are tender.
- Half bury the eggs yolk-sides up in the sauce, then cover and continue to simmer gently for a further 1-2 minutes to heat through. Serve with a scattering of toasted almonds, if liked, and coriander.
Easy curry recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion, red chilli, root ginger, potato, curry paste, cauliflower, coconut milk, egg, flaked almond, coriander and garlic clove.Add to Favourites