- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 358
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Cauliflower & squash fritters with mint & feta dip
- gram - 100g gram (chickpea) flour
- turmeric - 1 tsp turmeric
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- coriander - small bunch coriander, finely chopped (optional)
- oil - oil, for shallow frying
- natural-yogurt - 150g natural yogurt
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- vegetarian-feta - 75g vegetarian feta, mashed
- mint - 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- pitta-breads - pitta breads and salad, to serve
- cauliflower - 1 cauliflower, split into florets, the stalk cut into cubes
- butternut-squash - 1/2 large butternut squash, cut into cubes
- oil - 1 tbsp oil
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Toss the cauliflower and squash in oil and spread it out on a large oven tray. Roast for 25 mins, or until tender.If you're making the base ahead of time, you can leave it to cool at this stage then freeze in an airtight container for up to a month.(Defrost fully before using in the next step.)
- Put the flour in a bowl and gradually stir in 125-150ml water to make a batter as thick as double cream. Stir in the turmeric and cumin and some seasoning. Break up the cauliflower and squash a little and mix it gently into the batter. Add the coriander, if using.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and when it is hot, drop 2 heaped tbsps of the mixture into the pan, spaced apart. Fry until the fritters are dark golden, about 2-3 mins each side. Remove, keep warm and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Mix the yogurt with the garlic, feta and mint. Serve the fritters with the mint & feta dip, some salad and pitta breads.
Healthy snack recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has gram, turmeric, ground cumin, coriander, oil, natural yogurt, garlic clove, vegetarian feta, mint, pitta breads, cauliflower, butternut squash and oil.