- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 237
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Celeriac, hazelnut & truffle soup
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- thyme - small bunch thyme
- bay-leaves - 2 bay leaves
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 fat garlic clove, chopped
- celeriac - 1 celeriac (about 1kg), peeled and chopped
- potato - 1 potato (about 200g), chopped
- veg-stock - 1l veg stock (check the label to ensure it's vegan - we used Marigold)
- soya-cream - 100ml soya cream
- hazelnut - 50g blanched hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- truffle-oil - 1 tbsp truffle oil, plus an extra drizzle to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a low heat. Tie the thyme sprigs and bay leaves together with a piece of string and add them to the pan with the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 10 mins until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then tip in the celeriac and potato. Give everything a good stir and season with a big pinch of salt and white pepper. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for around 30 mins until the vegetables are completely soft.
- Discard the herbs, then stir through the cream, remove from the heat and blitz until completely smooth. Stir through 1/2 tbsp truffle oil at a time and taste for seasoning - the strength of the oil will vary, so it's better to start with less oil and add a little at a time.
- To serve, reheat the soup until piping hot, then ladle into bowls and top with the hazelnuts, some black pepper and an extra drizzle of truffle oil.
Healthy winter recipe for 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, thyme, bay leaves, onion, garlic clove, celeriac, potato, veg stock, soya cream, hazelnut and truffle oil.