- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 274
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1.23g
Celeriac soup with scallops & black pudding
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- celeriac - 1 celeriac (about 1kg/2lb 4oz), peeled and cut into cubes
- shallot - 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- white-wine - 150ml white wine
- chicken-stock - 1 1/2 l chicken stock
- nutmeg - good pinch nutmeg
- double-cream - 125ml double cream
- black-pudding - 100g black pudding, crumbled into small pieces
- scallop - 12 scallops, coral removed, each halved into 2 discs
- butter - 50g butter
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add the celeriac, shallots and garlic. Gently fry for a few mins, until they soften without colouring. Add the white wine, bring everything to the boil and reduce the liquid by half. Add the chicken stock and nutmeg, bring to the boil again, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 mins or until celeriac is tender. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 mins.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the soup back into the pan, add the cream and generously season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Reheat gently while you finish everything else.
- In a large frying pan, fry the black pudding until crisp. Set aside on kitchen paper to soak up any fat. Wipe out the pan.
- Season the scallops. Heat the frying pan again until hot and add the butter. When it is foaming, add the scallops and sear for 1 min on each side, or until just cooked through, then place on a warm plate. To serve, pour the soup into 8 bowls, top each with 3 scallops and sprinkle with black pudding.
Seasonal September recipe for 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, celeriac, shallot, garlic clove, white wine, chicken stock, nutmeg, double cream, black pudding, scallop and butter.Add to Favourites