- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 351
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Chargrilled vegetable tacos with smoky salsa
- baby-corn - 175g pack baby corn
- red-onion - 1 large red onion, sliced (190g)
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- cumin-seeds - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- kiwi - 1 large ripe kiwi, halved lengthways (110g)
- tomato - 1 large tomato, halved (115g)
- wholemeal-flour - 100g wholemeal flour, plus extra for rolling
- garlic-clove - 1 large garlic clove
- coriander - 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- bouillon-powder - 1 tsp vegan bouillon powder
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- red-cabbage - 85g red cabbage, finely shredded
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Pile the corn, red onion and pepper into a large shallowroasting tinand toss with the cumin seeds and oil. Add the kiwi and tomato on one side of the tin and roast for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix 60ml water into the flour with the blade of a knife to make a dough. Knead briefly until smooth, then cut equally into four and roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 16cm round tortilla. Cover with a tea towel to stop them drying out.
- Remove the cooked tomato and kiwi from the tin and return the veg to the oven for 10 mins. Remove the skin from the kiwi and scoop the flesh into a bowl with the tomato, garlic, half the coriander, bouillon and paprika. Use ahand blenderto blitz to a smooth salsa.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, without oil, and cook the tortillas one at a time for a minute on one side and about 10 seconds on the other, until you see them puff up a little. Spread a tortilla with some salsa, top with cabbage and roasted veg, then scatter with the remaining coriander. Add a spoonful more salsa and eat with your hands.
Sharing recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has baby corn, red onion, red pepper, cumin seeds, rapeseed oil, kiwi, tomato, wholemeal flour, garlic clove, coriander, bouillon powder, smoked paprika and red cabbage.