- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 81
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Charred onion & tomato salad
- salad-onions - 2 bunches salad onions, trimmed
- tomatoes - 270g pack mixed small tomatoes, halved
- watercress - 50g bag watercress
- salad-onion - 1 salad onion, steeped in vinegar
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dijon-mustard - 1/2 tsp wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- golden-caster-sugar - good pinch of golden caster sugar
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until very hot. Cut the salad onions in half lengthways and cook for about 2 1/2 mins each side, cut-side first, until charred and tender. Transfer to a plate while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cook the tomatoes, cut-side down, for 30 secs-1 min until just softened and caramelised, then set aside with the onions.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a jar with some seasoning and shake well. When ready to serve, pile the watercress, onions and tomatoes onto a platter. Give the dressing a quick shake, then drizzle it all over the salad.
Healthy vegan recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has salad onions, tomatoes, watercress, salad onion, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard and golden caster sugar.