- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 444
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
Cheap-as-chips veggie pizza
- passata - 200g carton passata
- flatbread - pack of 5 large Middle Eastern flatbreads
- spinach - 1/2 x 750g bag frozen spinach, defrosted
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- mozzarella - 3 balls mozzarella, patted dry and torn
- medium-egg - 5 medium eggs
- nutmeg - freshly grated nutmeg
- basil - small bunch basil
- parmesan - shaved parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
- Heat the oven to as high as it will go. Spread 1-2 tbsp of passata over each flatbread. Squeeze as much water as you can from the spinach (this will prevent your pizzas from being soggy), then scatter on top, leaving a gap in the centre. Divide the garlic and mozzarella between the pizzas, seasoning generously as you go.
- You will probably only be able to bake 2 pizzas at a time. So put 2 on a baking tray, carefully crack an egg into the middle of each, and season with nutmeg and some of the basil. Bake for 7 mins until the cheese has melted and the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Repeat with the remaining pizzas and ingredients. Serve, garnished with a little more basil and some Parmesan. Cut into slices and share between everyone.
Cheap family recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has passata, flatbread, spinach, garlic clove, mozzarella, medium egg, nutmeg, basil and parmesan.