- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 67
- Fat Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Cheat’s duck, hoisin and cucumber lettuce cups
- duck-breast - 2 duck breasts (about 340g), skin and fat removed then each breast cut into 6 thin strips
- five-spice-powder - 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- hoisin-sauce - 50ml hoisin sauce
- spring-onions - 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, ends trimmed, cut in half widthways, spiralized into thin noodles and squeezed dry to remove excess water
- gem-lettuce - 3 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- sesame-seed - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- On the chopping board you used to slice the duck, toss the duck strips in the five spice and a generous pinch of flaky sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a wok or non-stick, large, high-sided frying pan over a high heat. Once really hot add the oil along with the seasoned strips of duck breast and stir-fry for 2 mins. Reduce the heat slightly and spoon in the hoisin sauce, toss everything together and stir-fry for another min until the duck is just cooked then remove from the heat.
- Divide the spring onions, spiralized cucumber and hoisin duck between the lettuce leaves then top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds to serve.
Low-carb snack recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has duck breast, five spice powder, vegetable oil, hoisin sauce, spring onions, cucumber, gem lettuce and sesame seed.