- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 471
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Cheesy chipotle potato skins
- potato - 4 medium potatoes
- red-onion - 1/2 red onion, chopped
- lime - juice 1 lime
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- chopped-tomato - 227g can chopped tomato
- chipotle-paste - 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- mature-cheddar - 75g mature cheddar, grated
- green-chilli - 1 red or green chilli, thinly sliced
- coriander - small handful coriander leaves
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pierce the potatoes all over and put on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hr until tender. Remove from the oven and leave until they're cool enough to handle. Can be done up to 1 day before. Mix the onion with the lime juice and a good pinch of salt. Leave to steep for 30 mins, or up to 1 day.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out most of the fluffy middles, leaving a thin layer of potato on the skins (you can freeze the scooped-out potato for making mash, soup or fish cakes). Cut each potato half in half again and toss in the oil and plenty of seasoning. Return to the oven for 15 mins to crisp up.
- Sieve the tomatoes to drain off any excess juice (save this for another recipe, if you like). Tip the drained tomatoes into a bowl and mix in the chipotle paste.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven, dollop the tomato mixture all over, then scatter over the cheese and chilli. Return to the oven for 5 mins until the cheese has melted. Scatter with the coriander and drained onions.
Sharing recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has potato, red onion, lime, olive oil, chopped tomato, chipotle paste, mature cheddar, green chilli and coriander.Add to Favourites