- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 889
- Fat Content: 60g
- Saturated Fat Content: 34g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 3.57g
Cheesy Swiss bake
- potato - 1kg floury potato, cut into bite-sized chunks
- butter - knob of butter
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- smoked-bacon - 200g smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
- dry-white-wine - 125ml dry white wine
- double-cream - 142ml pot double cream
- raclette-cheese - 350g raclette cheese, grated
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. In a large pan, boil the potatoes for 5 mins, then drain and tip into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the bacon and cook for a further 5 mins. Mix the bacon and onion with the potatoes in the bowl.
- Stir in the wine, cream, most of the cheese and a little paprika. Season and mix together, then spread over a large (30cm long x 4cm deep) buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, cover with foil and cook for 25 mins. Remove the foil, sprinkle a little more paprika over the top and cook for a further 20 mins until the cheese is golden brown.
Eurovision party recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has potato, butter, onion, smoked bacon, dry white wine, double cream, raclette cheese and smoked paprika.