- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 317
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 45g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.14g
Cherry chocolate Pavlova
- egg-white - 6 large egg whites
- caster-sugar - 300g caster sugar
- cornflour - 1 tbsp cornflour
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- cocoa-powder - 25g cocoa powder
- dark-chocolate - 50g finely chopped dark chocolate
- double-cream - 284ml pot double cream
- icing-sugar - 3 tbsp icing sugar
- cherry - 1/2 600g jar stoned cherry compote (I used Bonne Maman)
- cherry - fresh cherries, to serve
- Heat oven to 140C/fan 120C/gas 1. Whisk the egg whites just until they form stiff peaks. Gradually whisk in the sugar, a couple of tbsp at a time, making sure you whisk really well between each addition. When all the sugar has been added, keep whisking for a couple of mins until the mixture is really thick and glossy and looks a little like shaving foam. Carefully stir in the cornflour, vinegar, cocoa powder and chocolate with a large metal spoon, just until incorporated.
- Tear off a sheet of baking parchment and use to cover a baking sheet. Mark a 25cm circle on the paper. Spoon over the meringue mixture, swirling into the circle, building up the sides a little, ready to keep the filling in. Cook for 1 1/2 hrs. Leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, whip the double cream and icing sugar together in a big bowl until soft peaks form. Spoon the cherry compote over the meringue, dollop over the cream, then swirl around. Arrange a few of the fresh cherries on top to finish.
Buffet recipe for 12 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has egg white, caster sugar, cornflour, white wine vinegar, cocoa powder, dark chocolate, double cream, icing sugar, cherry and cherry.