- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 218
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.72g
- self-raising-flour - 450g self-raising flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- butter - 100g cold butter, diced
- caster-sugar - 2 tbsp caster sugar
- buttermilk - 284ml pot buttermilk
- milk - 2 tbsp milk
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- glace-cherry - 100g glace cherry, chopped
- clotted-cream - clotted cream and cherry or strawberry jam, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the flour, 1/2 tsp salt, bicarb and butter into a bowl and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in the sugar.
- Quickly mix in the buttermilk, a splash of milk, vanilla and cherries and bring together to form a soft dough. Press out onto a lightly floured surface, to about 3cm thick. Cut out with 5cm cutters.
- Transfer to a lightly floured baking sheet, brush with the remaining milk and bake for 12-15 mins until golden and well risen. Serve with clotted cream and jam.
Scone recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar, buttermilk, milk, vanilla extract, glacé cherry and clotted cream.