- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 506
- Fat Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 41g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Cherry swirl cheesecake
- butter - 50g butter, plus extra for greasing
- shortbread - 140g shortbread biscuits
- golden-syrup - 1 tbsp golden syrup
- cherry - 350g cherry, 200g of them stoned
- caster-sugar - 225g caster sugar
- soft-cheese - 500g medium-fat soft cheese
- cornflour - 1 tbsp cornflour
- egg - 2 eggs
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- orange - zest 1 orange
- creme-fraiche - 200ml tub creme fraiche
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Butter a loose-based 20cm cake tin and line the base with baking parchment. Break up the biscuits, then pulse to fine crumbs in a food processor. Melt the butter with the syrup, then stir into the crumbs until they are evenly damp. Tip into the prepared tin and smooth with the back of a dessertspoon. Bake for 10 mins, then leave to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
- Tip the stoned cherries into the rinsed-out food processor with 85g of the sugar. Blend until smooth, then tip into a small pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5-6 mins, stirring, until it forms a thick syrup. Cool.
- Rinse out the food processor again, then tip in the cheese, cornflour, eggs, remaining sugar, vanilla, orange and half the creme fraiche. Blend until smooth. Spoon half the mix into the tin, then spoon half the cherry puree evenly over the top. Spoon the remaining cheesecake mix over this. Stir the mix gently with a fine skewer to swirl the cherry puree through it. Bake for 45 mins, then turn the oven off and leave for 30 mins.
- Spread the remaining creme fraiche over the filling, then spoon the remaining cherry puree into the centre. Using a fine skewer draw the cherry puree through the creme fraiche to make a star pattern, wiping the skewer each time. Set the reserved cherries around the edge of the cheesecake, then dust with icing sugar. Chill until ready to serve.
Cheesecake recipe for 8 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has butter, shortbread, golden syrup, cherry, caster sugar, soft cheese, cornflour, egg, vanilla extract, orange, crème fraîche and icing sugar.