- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 302
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.49g
Cherry tomato, thyme & bacon flan
- wholemeal-flour - 50g wholemeal flour
- margarine - 85g vegetable baking margarine
- plain-flour - 100g plain flour
- egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- yofu - 150g natural Yofu (a 100% dairy-free yogurt)
- onion - 1 small onion, diced
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- soya-milk - 4 tbsp soya milk
- thyme - leaves from 2 sprigs thyme, plus a few extra sprigs
- cherry-tomato - 150g cherry tomato, halved
- bacon - 2 thick-cut rashers unsmoked bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7/ fan 200C. Put the flours in a bowl and rub in the margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in 4-5 tsp water to make a soft dough. Turn on to a lightly floured surface, roll out and use to line a 20cm flan tin. Line with baking parchment, cover with baking beans and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for 5 minutes more. Allow to cool on a rack. Reduce the oven to 160C/gas 3/fan oven 140C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the bacon and onion until crispy. Remove from the heat.
- Mix the soya milk, Yofu, eggs and thyme leaves. Season well. Put the onion, bacon and tomatoes in the flan case. Add the milk mixture and top with extra thyme sprigs on top. Bake for 30 minutes until set.
Dairy-free recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has wholemeal flour, margarine, plain flour, egg, yofu, onion, vegetable oil, soya milk, thyme, cherry tomato and bacon.