- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 746
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 81g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 2g
Chestnut mushroom, fennel & bacon fusilli
- olive-oil - 50ml olive oil, plus 1 tbsp
- fennel-bulb - 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- onion - 2 onions, finely sliced
- garlic-cloves - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- red-chillies - 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- tomato-puree - 4 tbsp tomato puree
- streaky-bacon - 250g pack streaky bacon, diced
- fusilli - 350g fusilli
- chestnut-mushroom - 280g baby chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- parsley - small pack parsley, roughly chopped, to serve
- parmesan - parmesan, grated, to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry the fennel and onion for 15 mins, or until softened. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for 1 min, then add the tomato puree and stir for 1 min more. Toss in the bacon and fry for 5-6 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan, stir and cover for 8 mins, or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Drain the pasta, adding a ladle of the cooking water to the sauce. Tip in the pasta and stir to coat. Add the rest of the oil and scatter over the parsley and Parmesan.
Cheap family recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, fennel bulb, onion, garlic cloves, red chillies, tomato purée, streaky bacon, fusilli, chestnut mushroom, parsley and parmesan.