- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 327
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- garlic - 1 garlic bulb, separated into cloves
- red-chilli - 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- red-wine - 350ml red wine
- chicken-stock - 350ml chicken stock
- tomato - 600g tomato, finely chopped
- tomato-puree - 3 tbsp tomato puree
- thyme - 2 tsp chopped thyme
- chicken-leg - 6 skinless chicken legs
- parsley - chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
- pasta - pasta or mash, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavybased pan. Add the onions and whole garlic cloves. Fry, stirring frequently, for 10 mins, adding the chillies for the final min.
- Pour in the wine, turn up the heat and allow it to bubble for 1 min to cook off the alcohol. Stir in the stock, tomatoes, tomato puree and thyme with some seasoning. Add the chicken legs, pushing them under the liquid, then part-cover the pan and leave to simmer gently for 45 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 15 mins until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced a little. Serve scattered with parsley, if you like, and pasta or mash.
Healthy Italian recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic, red chilli, red wine, chicken stock, tomato, tomato purée, thyme, chicken leg, parsley and pasta.