- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 445
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Chicken biryani pilau
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- chicken-thigh - 6 large chicken thighs, skin on
- onion - 1 large onion, finely sliced
- curry-powder - 2 tbsp curry powder (hot if you like it spicy, mild for tamer curries)
- long-grain-rice - 350g easy-cook, long grain rice
- vegetable-stock - 700ml chicken or vegetable stock
- frozen-pea - 250g frozen peas
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large saute pan and fry the chicken thighs, skin side down, for 8-10 mins until the skin is golden and crispy. Tip in the onion and continue to cook for 5 mins until the onion softens. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for a minute more, then stir in the rice and pour over the stock. Bring the stock to the boil.
- Cover the pan and bake for 30 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir in the peas and leave the rice to stand for a few moments before serving.
Healthy rice recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, chicken thigh, onion, curry powder, long grain rice, vegetable stock and frozen pea.