- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 445
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Chicken & chorizo jambalaya
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-breast - 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- onion - 1 onion, diced
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chorizo - 75g chorizo, sliced
- cajun-seasoning - 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- long-grain-rice - 250g long grain rice
- plum-tomato - 400g can plum tomato
- chicken-stock - 350ml chicken stock
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a largefrying panwith a lid and brown 2 chopped chicken breasts for 5-8 mins until golden.
- Remove and set aside. Tip in the 1 diced onion and cook for 3-4 mins until soft.
- Add 1 thinly sliced red pepper, 2 crushedgarliccloves, 75g sliced chorizo and 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 mins more.
- Stir the chicken back in with 250g long grain rice, add the 400g can of tomatoes and 350ml chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender.
All-time top 20 recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, chicken breast, onion, red pepper, garlic clove, chorizo, cajun seasoning, long grain rice, plum tomato and chicken stock.Add to Favourites