- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 679
- Fat Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 44g
- Sodium Content: 3.15g
Chicken fajitas with avocado & Caesar dressing
- chicken-breast - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- lime - 1 small lime
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- chilli-powder - 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- red-pepper - 1 large red pepper
- coriander - 15g fresh coriander
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- lettuce - 1 Romaine lettuce heart
- avocado - 2 ripe avocados
- flour-tortilla - 8 flour tortillas
- caesar-dressing - Caesar dressing
- Slice the chicken on a board with a sharp knife, then put in a large bowl. Grate in the lime zest and squeeze in the juice. Crush the garlic, then add to the chicken with the ground coriander, chilli powder (if using) and seasoning to taste. Stir well, cover, then chill until ready to cook. You could do this the night before.
- On a clean chopping board, and using a clean knife cut the avocado into quarters. Ease the quarters away from the stone, then peel off the skin. Slice or chop the flesh. Thinly slice the lettuce. Halve the pepper, remove seeds and stalk, then slice or chop the flesh.
- Chop the fresh coriander, then stir it into the chicken. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the pepper, then stir, continuously, over a high heat for 2 mins. This is called stir-frying. Add the chicken, then stir-fry over a high heat for 5 mins until the chicken is cooked.
- Heat a large, dry frying pan until hot, then add the tortillas one at a time to heat and brown a little. Turn them over with tongs so that both sides are warmed.
- Take a warm tortilla and spread with some Caesar dressing. Add some lettuce and avocado, then some of the chicken and pepper mixture and a little more Caesar dressing if you like.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then carefully roll up so that the filling is completely enclosed. Alternatively, put the dishes of the salad, chicken and tortillas on the table for the family to make up their own.
Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chicken breast, lime, garlic clove, coriander, chilli powder, red pepper, coriander, sunflower oil, lettuce, avocado, flour tortilla and caesar dressing.Add to Favourites