- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 378
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Sodium Content: 1.11g
Chicken fricassée with new potatoes & asparagus
- groundnut-oil - 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- back-bacon - 4 lean smoked back bacon rashers, chopped and rind removed
- chicken-breast - 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- new-potato - 700g new potato, thickly sliced
- asparagus-spear - 250g asparagus spear, trimmed and diagonally sliced (keep tips whole)
- cider - 225ml dry fruity cider (or 1/2 a can)
- cornflour - 1 tbsp cornflour, blended with a little water
- soya-dream - 250ml carton Soya Dream
- flatleaf-parsley - 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the bacon for 5 mins on a medium heat until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan, then lightly fry for 4-5 mins to brown on both sides (you may need to brown the chicken in two batches if your pan is not large enough).
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water for 10 mins or until tender. Cook the asparagus in a steamer over the potatoes for 6-8 mins or microwave in a covered dish with 2 tbsp water for 4-5 mins.
- Pour the cider over the chicken, bring to the boil then reduce heat. Put the bacon back in the pan and simmer for 10-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the cornflour paste until lightly thickened, then add the Soya Dream and season. Stir in the drained vegetables and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Dairy-free recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has groundnut oil, back bacon, chicken breast, new potato, asparagus spear, cider, cornflour, soya dream and flatleaf parsley.