- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 with leftovers
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 956
- Fat Content: 50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 46g
- Sodium Content: 2.31g
Chicken, ham, leek & roast potato pie
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-breast - 400g chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- ham - 140g thick-sliced ham, roughly chopped
- potato - roughly 450g leftover roast potato, large ones halved
- leek - 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- plain-flour - 1 heaped tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- white-wine - 200ml white wine
- chicken-stock - 400ml chicken stock
- creme-fraiche - 3 heaped tbsp creme fraiche
- shortcrust-pastry - 375g shortcrust pastry sheet (use fresh if you're freezing the pie)
- egg - beaten egg, to glaze
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken for about 5 mins. Tip into a 22 x 28cm ovenproof pie dish, then evenly scatter over the ham and roast potatoes. Heat the remaining oil and soften the leeks for about 5 mins, then stir in the flour for 1 min.
- Pour in the wine and stock. Bring to the boil and, stirring continuously, boil rapidly to reduce to a thick sauce. Take off the heat, then stir in the creme fraiche and seasoning. Pour over the pie filling and leave to cool.
- Unroll the pastry and cut off a small strip to make decorations (if you like). Roll the remainder to fit the dish and place on top of the pie. Use a fork to crimp the edges and press the pastry to the edge of the dish. Make a small hole in the centre, then cover well with cling film. Freeze for up to 3 months. For best results, defrost at room temperature for 8 hrs.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush pie with egg to glaze (making sure the steam hole hasn't sealed up). Cook for 30-40 mins, until golden and hot through.
Leftovers recipe for 4 with leftovers people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, chicken breast, ham, potato, leek, plain flour, white wine, chicken stock, crème fraîche, shortcrust pastry and egg.