- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 270
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.73g
Chicken & ham sandwich pies
- chicken-breast - 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- ham - 100g thick sliced ham, chopped
- spring-onion - 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- cheddar - 100g strong cheddar, grated
- full-fat-soft-cheese - 3 tbsp full fat soft cheese
- english-mustard - 2 tsp English mustard
- bread - 500g pack bread mix
- plain-flour - plain flour for dusting
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Make the filling by mixing the chicken, ham, spring onion, cheeses and mustard with some seasoning, stir well to combine, then pop in the fridge until later. You can do this up to a day ahead.
- Make the bread mix following pack instructions. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, shape into balls then roll out on a floured surface into circles measuring 12cm across.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Grease 10 holes of a muffin tin. Put a dough circle into one of the holes, push in lightly, then fill with 2 tbsp of the filling mix. Gather the dough together with your fingers and pinch to create a little parcel that looks a bit like a big flower - don't worry about totally sealing the dough as the filling will bubble through anyway, which makes the parcels look even better. Keep doing this until you have used all the dough and filling mix.
- Brush the parcels with beaten egg and cook for 25-30 mins until golden and risen. Enjoy warm in the garden or leave to cool and transport in the tin to a picnic. Serve with a spoonful of your favourite chutney, if you like.
Kids’ lunchbox recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has chicken breast, ham, spring onion, cheddar, full fat soft cheese, english mustard, bread, plain flour and egg.