- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 259
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Chicken in balsamic, orange & rosemary sauce
- boneless-skinless-chicken-breast - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- balsamic-vinegar - 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- orange-juice - 150ml/ 1/4 pint fresh orange juice
- chicken-stock - 150ml/ 1/4 pint chicken stock
- rosemary - 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- muscovado-sugar - 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- butter - knob of butter
- orange - orange segments and fresh rosemary sprigs to garnish
- rice - boiled rice and green salad to serve
- Put the chicken between pieces of cling film and flatten slightly by bashing with a pan. Unwrap and sprinkle on both sides with pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the chicken for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Pour 2 tbsp vinegar over the chicken, add the orange juice and stock and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and bubble gently for 5 minutes until tender, spooning with the sauce frequently and turning chicken halfway through.
- Stir in the sugar, butter and rest of the vinegar, then sizzle for a few minutes until reduced and glossy.
- Put the chicken in a serving dish, spoon the sauce over and garnish with orange and rosemary. Serve with rice and a crisp green salad.
Healthy chicken breast recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has boneless skinless chicken breast, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, chicken stock, rosemary, muscovado sugar, butter, orange and rice.Add to Favourites