- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 337
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Chicken & lentil stew with gremolata
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-drumstick - 8 chicken drumsticks, skin left on
- onion - 2 onions, very finely chopped
- red-lentil - 6 tbsp red lentil
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- chicken-stock-cube - 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- crusty-bread - crusty bread, to serve
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- parsley - small handful parsley, finely chopped
- Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish, brown the drumsticks on all sides, then transfer to a plate.
- Add the onions and remaining oil to the pan, and cook for 5 mins or so until soft. Add the lentils, tomatoes, 1 can of water and the stock cube. Return the drumsticks to the pan. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat, put on a lid and simmer for 30 mins or until tender. Keep an eye on the stew and add a little water if it is drying out. Remove the lid and cook for another 10 mins, or until the sauce has thickened, then season.
- Meanwhile, make the gremolata. Mix the lemon zest, garlic and parsley together. Sprinkle over the cooked stew and serve with a chunk of crusty bread.
Healthy casserole & stew recipe for 4 people, takes only 55 mins; recipe has olive oil, chicken drumstick, onion, red lentil, chopped tomato, chicken stock cube, crusty bread, lemon, garlic clove and parsley.