- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 923
- Fat Content: 60g
- Saturated Fat Content: 28g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 52g
- Sodium Content: 3g
Chicken liver & chorizo open sandwich
- butter - 25g butter
- shallot - 1 shallot, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, 1 crushed, 1 squashed
- chorizo - 200g chorizo, skin removed, sliced
- bread - 4 thick slices of bread
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (optional)
- chicken-liver - 300g chicken liver, trimmed of any sinew or tubes
- dry-sherry - good splash of dry sherry (Fino works well)
- double-cream - 4 tbsp double cream
- parsley - small handful of parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. When sizzling, add the shallot and the crushed garlic, and stir around the pan for 1-2 mins to soften. Add the chorizo and cook for 4 mins over a medium heat to release some of the oils.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until hot. Drizzle the slices of bread with the olive oil and rub the squashed garlic all over the surface. Put on the griddle pan and cook for 1 min each side until nicely charred with lines.
- Turn up the heat under the chorizo pan, add the chicken livers and sear for 1 min. Add the sherry, bubble for 1 min more, add the cream and parsley, then season well. Put 2 slices of bread on each plate, top with the chicken liver mixture and a drizzle of oil, if you like.
Cheap cut recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, shallot, garlic clove, chorizo, bread, olive oil, chicken liver, dry sherry, double cream and parsley.