- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 325
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 0.41g
Chicken liver parfait with sultanas & raisins
- sultana - 100g jumbo sultana and raisins
- dessert-wine - 6 tbsp sweet dessert wine
- unsalted-butter - 100g unsalted butter
- chicken-liver - 2 x 400g/14oz packs chicken livers, cleaned
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- sage - 2 tbsp chopped sage
- double-cream - 150ml pot double cream
- brioche - thinly sliced brioche rolls
- salad-leaf - few salad leaves
- Put the dried fruit and dessert wine in a bowl. Cover and microwave on High for 3 mins. Meanwhile, gently melt the butter in a large pan and fry the livers with the garlic, sage and plenty of black pepper for about 5 mins until browned.
- Tip the mixture into a food processor, scraping in all of the buttery juices and blend until smooth. Pour in the cream and 2 tbsp of the wine from the dried fruit, season with salt, then blend again.
- Generously oil the insides of 8 x 100ml ramekins. Spoon some wine-soaked raisins into the base of each ramekin, then top with the parfait. Cover and chill. They will keep for 2 days in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, run a knife round the inside of the ramekins and turn the parfait out onto plates. Accompany with toasted brioche and a few salad leaves.
Christmas pate and terrine recipe for 8 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has sultana, dessert wine, unsalted butter, chicken liver, garlic clove, sage, double cream, brioche and salad leaf.