- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 221
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0.83g
Chicken livers on toast
- chicken-liver - 250g chicken livers
- shallot - 2 shallots, finely chopped
- flatleaf-parsley - large handful flatleaf parsley, leaves very roughly chopped
- caper - 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained, roughly chopped
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- sherry-vinegar - 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- bread - 4 slices nice bread, such as sourdough
- plain-flour - 1 tbsp plain flour
- cayenne-pepper - large pinch cayenne pepper
- Pick over the livers, cutting away any fatty bits and sinew, then pat the livers dry. Place the shallot, parsley and capers into a bowl and drizzle with half the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the Sherry vinegar.
- Toast the bread (preferably on a griddle but a toaster is fine). Toss the livers in the flour and cayenne pepper, and season generously with salt and pepper. Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and fry the livers over a really high heat for 4-5 mins until brown and crisp on the outside and cooked, but still a little pink in the middle. Splash remaining vinegar into the pan and bubble down for 1 min.
- Tip the contents of the pan in with the shallot and parsley, toss everything together, season to taste, then pile onto the toasted bread. Season with a little crunchy sea salt and serve.
Cheap cut recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has chicken liver, shallot, flatleaf parsley, caper, olive oil, sherry vinegar, bread, plain flour and cayenne pepper.