- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 697
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 72g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Chicken meatballs with quinoa & curried cauliflower
- mince - 250g chicken mince
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- turmeric - 1 tsp turmeric
- cumin - pinch of cumin
- cinnamon - pinch of cinnamon
- dill - handful dill, finely chopped
- spring-onions - 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- quinoa - 50g quinoa
- cauliflower-florets - 4 cauliflower florets
- sweet-potato - 25g sweet potato, chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- curry-powder - 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- pistachio - 1 tsp pistachios, chopped
- sultana - 1 tsp sultanas
- lime - 1/2 lime, juiced
- For the meatballs, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl with some seasoning. Form into six balls and chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Wash the quinoa and put it in a saucepan with 100ml water. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer and cook for 10-15 mins or until doubled in size and tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Put the cauliflower and sweet potato in a roasting tin and toss in the oil and curry powder. Put the meatballs in a separate tin. Cook both in the oven for 15 mins or until cooked through.
- Mix the quinoa with the cauliflower, sweet potato, pistachios and sultanas, squeeze over the lime juice, then serve with the meatballs.
Healthy chicken recipe for 1 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has mince, garlic clove, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, dill, spring onions, quinoa, cauliflower florets, sweet potato, olive oil, curry powder, pistachio, sultana and lime.