- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 327
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 1.31g
- chicken-breast - 2 large, skinless chicken breasts, halved through the middle
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- breadcrumb - 75g breadcrumb
- parmesan - 75g parmesan, grated
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- passata - half a 690ml jar passata
- caster-sugar - 1 tsp caster sugar
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- mozzarella - half a 125g ball light mozzarella, torn
- Halve 2 large skinless chicken breasts through the middle then place the 4 pieces between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are the thickness of a PS1 coin.
- Dip in 2 beaten eggs, then 75g breadcrumbs, mixed with half of the 75g grated parmesan. Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and cook 2 crushed garlic cloves for 1 min, then tip in half a 690ml jar passata, 1 tsp caster sugar and 1 tsp dried oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Heat grill to High and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, then remove.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken.
- Scatter over torn pieces of half a 125g ball light mozzarella, and the remaining grated parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with vegetables or salad and some pasta or potatoes, if you like.
Healthy chicken breast recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has chicken breast, egg, breadcrumb, parmesan, olive oil, garlic clove, passata, caster sugar, oregano and mozzarella.Add to Favourites