- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 470
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 44g
- Sodium Content: 0.26g
Chicken & pasta salad
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
- red-onion - 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- penne - 300g penne or fusilli pasta
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless chicken breasts
- thyme - 2 tbsp each chopped thyme and oregano
- chilli-flakes - pinch dried chilli flakes
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- cherry-tomato - 150g pack cherry tomato, halved
- rocket - 50g bag rocket
- white-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the pepper and onion with 1 tsp oil and roast for 20 mins.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile put the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until they're about 1cm thick. Mix remaining oil, herbs, chilli and garlic then rub all over the chicken. Heat a griddle or barbecue and cook for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Slice the chicken on a board, scrape into the pasta with any juices, plus the roasted onion and pepper, cherry tomatoes, rocket, vinegar and seasoning. Toss together and eat warm or cold.
Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red pepper, red onion, olive oil, penne, chicken breast, thyme, chilli flakes, garlic clove, cherry tomato, rocket and white wine vinegar.