- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 308
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 0.44g
Chicken pie with a carrot thatch
- Ask a grown-upto heat the oven to 200C/180C fan, then boil the carrot and potato whole for 5 minutes, then put them in a bowl of cold water to cool down. When cold, peel them carefully.
- Grate the carrot and potato (cut them into chunks first if you are using a rotary grater).
- Put the grated carrot and potato in a large bowl, add the melted butter and mix it all together.
- Cut the ham into small pieces using scissors or a small knife, then cut the chicken into pieces.
- Put the chicken and ham in a pie dish with the peas and cream and give everything a stir.
- Spoon the carrot thatch onto the pie and ask your grown-up helper to put the pie in the oven for 50 minutes or until the chicken and topping are cooked through.
School holiday recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has carrot, potato, butter, ham, chicken breast, pea and double cream.