- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 618
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 66g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 49g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Chicken & vegetable curry
- yogurt - 100g coconut yogurt
- spice - 2 heaped tbsp tandoori spice mix
- chicken-breast - 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- passata - 250ml passata
- basmati-rice - 250g pouch cooked basmati rice
- frozen-pea - 100g frozen pea
- coriander - small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Mix together 75g of the yogurt with 1 tbsp of the spice mix and some seasoning. Add the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 15 mins or up to overnight in the fridge. Heat the remaining spices, the onion and a good splash of water, and soften for 5 mins, stirring often.
- Tip in the pepper chunks and passata, and simmer while you cook the chicken. Heat the grill to High, remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess. Grill under a high heat until starting to char at the edges.
- Tip the rice and peas into a pan with a splash of water and heat through. Stir most of the coriander into the sauce. Serve the rice alongside the chicken and sauce, scattered with the remaining coriander and the remaining yogurt on the side.
Student recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has yogurt, spice, chicken breast, onion, red pepper, passata, basmati rice, frozen pea and coriander.