- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 707
- Fat Content: 56g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 45g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Chicken with pomegranate & Brazil nuts
- brazil-nut - 150g pack Brazil nuts, half left whole, half chopped
- ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- lime - juice 1 lime
- coconut-milk-yogurt - 250g pot of coconut milk yogurt (we used Coyo Natural)
- pomegranate-molasses - 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- chicken-leg - 6 free-range chicken legs or quarters
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- aubergine - 2 large aubergines, sliced lengthways
- pomegranate - 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- Put the whole Brazil nuts in a food processor with the ginger, garlic and lime juice. Blend to a paste, then add the coconut yogurt and molasses. Blitz briefly to combine, then tip into a large bowl along with the chicken. Mix well to coat in the marinade, cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
- The following day, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Spread the chicken out in a deep roasting tin, skin-side up, and cook in the oven for 45 mins-1 hr or until golden brown and the juices run clear.
- While the chicken cooks, brush the aubergine slices with the oil and cook on a hot griddle pan for 3-4 mins each side or until tender and patterned with char marks. Lay the aubergines on a serving platter, add the cooked chicken and scatter over the chopped Brazil nuts and the pomegranate seeds.
Immune-friendly recipe for 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has brazil nut, ginger, garlic clove, lime, coconut milk yogurt, pomegranate molasses, chicken leg, rapeseed oil, aubergine and pomegranate.