- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 782
- Fat Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 87g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 18g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- smoked-paprika - pinch of smoked paprika
- tomato - 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- red-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- avocado - 1 avocado, stoned and peeled
- lime - 2 limes, juice of 1, the other cut into wedges
- soured-cream - 100g soured cream
- harissa - 2 tsp harissa
- tortilla - 4 corn tortillas
- coriander - coriander, roughly chopped, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a baking tray with foil. Drain the chickpeas, pat dry and tip onto the prepared baking tray. Add the oil and paprika, toss to coat, then roast for 20-25 mins until browned and crisp, shaking halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes and onion in a small bowl with the vinegar and set aside to pickle. Put the avocado in another bowl and mash with a fork, leaving some larger chunks. Stir in the lime juice and season well. Mix the soured cream with the harissa and set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a griddle pan until nearly smoking. Add the tortillas , one at a time, charring each side until hot with griddle lines.
- Put everything on the table and build the fajitas : spread a little of the harissa cream over the tortilla, top with roasted chickpeas, guacamole, pickled salsa and coriander, if you like. Serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over.
Vegetarian fajita recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has chickpea, olive oil, smoked paprika, tomato, red onion, red wine vinegar, avocado, lime, soured cream, harissa, tortilla and coriander.Add to Favourites