- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 523
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Chickpea & nut burgers with sweet potato chips
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 large garlic clove, peeled and halved
- mixed-nut - 25g mixed nuts, such as brazils, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and pecans
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- ground-coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- wholemeal-flour - 25g plain wholemeal flour
- coriander - 1 small pack coriander
- lemon - 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced plus 1/2 cut into wedges, to serve
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- sweet-potato - 300g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long wedges
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- salad - 50g bag mixed spinach, watercress and rocket salad
- tomatoes - 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- cucumber - 1/3 cucumber, sliced
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- balsamic-vinegar - 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- bio-yogurt - 50g full-fat natural bio-yogurt
- mint - 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- To make the yogurt sauce, stir together the yogurt and mint in a bowl and cover and chill until needed.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the sweet potato wedges and cook for 4 mins then drain through a colander and return to the saucepan. Pour over the oil, tossing until lightly coated then season with ground black pepper.
- Scatter the potatoes onto a small baking tray and roast for 15 mins. Take out of the oven and turn over, then cook for a further 10 mins or until tender and lightly browned.
- While the chips are cooking, make the burgers. Put the onion, garlic, nuts and spices into a food processor and add lots of freshly ground black pepper. Blitz until as smooth as possible. Add the chickpeas, flour, coriander and lemon juice and blitz until the mixture comes together to make a thick paste. It shouldn't be too smooth as you are looking for some texture to give the burgers a bit of bite. Form the mixture into 4 balls and flatten into burgers, just under 2cm/ 3/4in deep.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a medium non-stick pan over a low heat and cook the burgers on one side for 5 mins. Add the remaining 1 tsp of oil to the pan and turn over. Cook on the other side for a further 5 mins or until nicely browned and cooked throughout, keeping the heat low, so they don't burn.
- Divide the salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onions between two plates. Add the burgers, chips and mint sauce, plus a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the salad and serve.
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has red onion, garlic clove, mixed nut, ground cumin, ground coriander, chickpea, wholemeal flour, coriander, lemon, rapeseed oil, sweet potato, rapeseed oil, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, balsamic vinegar, bio-yogurt and mint.Add to Favourites